New Haven, IN
Hello! We are currently seeking enthusiastic and energetic Chef de Partie/Jr. Sous Chef with an eye for detail, knife skills, a can-do attitude, and a passion for food. We are a fast moving company with big dreams and plenty of opportunity. If you think you have what it takes, check out the responsibilities and requirements below and let us check out your resume!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain food safety guidelines with all preparation and food handling.
- Handle day-to-day kitchen operations..
- Assist with inventory count.
- Assume 100% responsibility for quality of products produced.
- Know and comply consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, and refrigeration equipment.
- Handle, store and rotate all products properly.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and bring suggestions for improvement.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Chef.
- Perform duties at events such as loading and unloading equipment, cleaning, and keeping food at par levels.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in kitchen preparation
- Management experience preferred, but not required.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
- ServSafe Certification preferred, but not required.