525 Broadway Street, New Haven, IN
We’re a high-volume bar and this is a fast-paced position. The ideal candidate doesn’t need any prior experience, but must be at least 18 years or older. This is a great way to get your foot in the door to the restaurant industry and we like to promote from within. If this sounds like something you’re interested in, we look forward to taking a look at your resume!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Load, run and unload dish machine.
- Keep the dish machine clean and report any functional or mechanical problems immediately.
- Monitor dish machine water temperature to ensure sanitary wash cycle.
- Wash and store all tableware and kitchenware.
- Keep dish room clean and organized.
- Maintain adequate levels of clean tableware for dining room and kitchen.
- Bag and haul dish room trash to dumpster at designed times.
- Handle tableware carefully to prevent breakage and loss.
- Maintain adequate levels of dish detergents and cleaning supplies.
- Clean food preparation and production areas as required.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills
- No previous restaurant experience required.
- Be able to work in hot, wet, humid and loud environment for long periods of time.
- Be physically able to lift, reach, bend and stoop.
- Be able to working in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).
- Be able to safely lift bags, cases and stacks weighing up to 60 pounds up to 30 times per shift.
- Be at least 18 years of age.